Sunday, March 8, 2015

15.2

So, this week's WOD for the Open was a repeat of last year's 14.2. Since I didn't do CrossFit last year, it's all new to me :).

Workout 15.2

Every 3 minutes for as long as possible complete:
From 0:00-3:00
   2 rounds of:
   10 overhead squats (95 / 65 lb.)
   10 chest-to-bar pull-ups
From 3:00-6:00
   2 rounds of:
   12 overhead squats (95 / 65 lb.)
   12 chest-to-bar pull-ups
From 6:00-9:00
   2 rounds of:
   14 overhead squats (95 / 65 lb.)
   14 chest-to-bar pull-ups
Etc., following same pattern until you fail to complete both rounds


Overhead Squats and Chest to Bar? Really?

Have a look at these 2 super strong women competing immediately after the announcement of the workout. (fast forward to the 9 minute mark if you want to skip the preamble)


This is what I'll be doing :)


Scaled
(Scaled Men, Scaled Masters Men 40-44, Scaled Masters Men 45-49, Scaled Masters Men 50-54, Scaled Women, Scaled Masters Women 40-44, Scaled Masters Women 45-49, Scaled Masters Women 50-54)
Every 3 minutes for as long as possible complete:
From 0:00-3:00
   2 rounds of:
   6 overhead squats (65 / 45 lb.)
   6 chin-over-bar pull-ups
From 3:00-6:00
   2 rounds of:
   8 overhead squats (65 / 45 lb.)
   8 chin-over-bar pull-ups
From 6:00-9:00
   2 rounds of:
   10 overhead squats (65 / 45 lb.)
   10 chin-over-bar pull-ups
Etc., following same pattern until you fail to complete both rounds
Overhead Squats at 45lbs.... maybe.... but Chin over Bar??? not yet!


I did this workout on Friday night -- and almost keeled over during the 6 squats. I did banded Chin to bar pull ups -- so my pull ups didn't count. I think that I made it to 4 squats into the next round... so my workout was finished in 3 minutes. The fastest WOD I've ever done :) Unfortunately, fast time is a bad thing in this workout, lol. And thank you, once again, to Steph, who insisted that I could do those 45lb squats.... and I did :)

So, 15.2 -- score of 6

If you check out the Leaderboard, you will see that I am in good company with my score of 6. Even many RX people scored 10! Those C2B's are hard! 
BUT, the upside? I've kind of got the rhythm of the pull up movement now, so I will practice them a lot from now to next years open!
And really, for me this is all about the workout -- and doing my personal best. I am breaking all of my previous "records", so I'm very happy that I am doing something right!

p.s. The Lovely Miss L is competing as well. Her score for 15.2 was 132. Holey smokes she's strong :)

No comments:

Post a Comment