Sunday, March 15, 2015

Muscle Ups, seriously???

So, 15.3. humph.

2 more Super Strong women in the announcement challenge.




Workout 15.3

Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 14 minutes of:
7 muscle-ups
50 wall-ball shots
100 double-unders
Men use 20-lb. ball to 10 feet, Women use 14-lb. ball to 9 feet


Whew, no muscle ups in the scaled version..... but wait! Where are the double unders??? I have practiced so hard and have finally mastered them. Singles don't feel "right". I really think that double unders are a basic skill and can be chipped through a few at a time :) Grrrrrr...... but I was very happy to see that the weight of the ball was 10 lb though. I've been practicing with an 8 lb ball and the jump to 14 was a bit much for me (I tried). But, dammit, I could have done the RX version had the muscle ups been at the end --  like the over 55 masters!!! (and just taken a 150 score) (oh well, something to look forward to for when I'm 55....). BUT we can't pick and choose our favourite parts in a workout, so lets move on.....

Scaled

Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 14 minutes of:
50 wall-ball shots
200 single-unders
Men use 20-lb. ball to 9 feet, Women use 10-lb. ball to 9 feet

So, when I did the workout on Friday at the gym, I was judged by Tom, who I don't know. I got to the skipping and he counts 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10...1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,20... etc and I kept tripping. I had to stop and ask him to count straight through. He did it for me (even though it tired him out). But I stopped tripping. 
Again, this was one that I wished to have a second go at (but I won't). I'm sure it will come up in one of our regular WOD's after the open. But, of course, then I'll do double unders :) 

Anyway -- made it through 2 sets of 50 wallballs (with many breaks) and a full set of 200 singles and then 104 more. 
It is what it is. 
(special thanks to Mags who taught me how to do wallballs -- I still have difficulty catching, but the thrust and throw is going fine)

So, what's coming up? Burpees, I'm sure, ....  box jumps? thrusters? rowing?
and more lifting, ugh.  
I would wish for handstands if they didn't include the push up part :)

oh, and bye the way, I'm sore today in places I've never been sore before. My forearms. My wrists.
And my quads are killing me. But that's nothing new :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment