Sunday, March 1, 2015

The Open

So, I have been coerced into participating into the Open. Pressure from the homefront (Miss L) and from the Gym (Tidal).
I just LOVE that I am competing in the Masters category :) I'm a master. hah!

Workout 15.1 and 15.1a were announced on Thursday night. I didn't sleep very well Thursday night. From worry.
9-minute AMRAP:
15 toes-to-bars
10 deadlifts
5 snatches

  (M 115 lb. /  F 75 lb.)
Workout 15.1a
1-rep-max clean and jerk
  6-minute time cap

(I look just like her when I'm competing)

I had to perform the "scaled" version of the workout. I can't lift the Rx weight (yet) and I can only do 2 toes-to-bar in a row, lol. 

See the explanations of the scaled workout HERE.

Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 9 minutes of:
15 hanging knee raises
10 deadlifts (85 / 55 lb.)
5 snatches* (85 / 55 lb.)
*ground-to-overhead allowed


I was a bit lot worried. I can deadlift 55lb in a workout, no problem. But snatch? uh uh. My max snatch was 40lb :) But ground to overhead? maybe?

But on Friday I did it! Yay me!

But most impressive (to myself, don't burst my bubble)
I clean and jerked 80 lbs! My PR was 45! 

My biggest surprise -- Those hanging knee raises whipped my butt! 

A HUGE thanks to Coach Stephanie who talked me through the whole workout. 

So, I am totally pumped and even feel that I could have done better -- part of me wanted to try again right away :) (Yes, I know that I still could, but I won't).

The reveal for 15.2 will come this Thursday night - 8pm EST (March 5). I really hope that it doesn't have box jumps. Because I'm just ready this week to move up to a higher box and I'm not even sure if it will be high enough to be the scaled version! But, I'll try :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment